PACKAPUNCH pre-orders now open. To receive future notifications of when pre-orders are open please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
This PACKAPUNCH cable is only available on a pre-order basis. This will be constructed and dispatched week commencing the 4th of June.
Level up with a PACKAPUNCH PRO RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Super Nintendo which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise external interference and cable crosstalk between signals. This is achieved by using our new PACKAPUNCH cable which has individually shielded wires for RED, GREEN, BLUE, SYNC, audio left and right and also the DC voltage line which is used for RGB selection on your video receiving equipment.
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for CSYNC to give the best RGB picture from your NTSC SNES. Also available as "sync over luma" for 1-CHIP-03 models which don't support CSYNC. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Quality 220uF Panasonic Capacitors on the RGB lines.
- Custom over-molded MultiAV plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE available in various lengths.
- Sync output available as CSYNC which is correctly attenuation which uses a 470Ω resistor on the console end of the cable and as TTL sync for RGB modified console which have internal attenuation set already or sync on luma for 1CHIP-03 revision consoles. Please select from drop down menu.
Custom Sync options available for this cable:
- CVBS - Sync over composite video from MultiAV pin 9, which is connected to ground via a 75Ω resistor, located inside the MultiAV plug.
- CSYNC 470Ω - Most Common - Composite sync from pin 3, which has a 470 Ohm resistor in series inside the MultiAV plug, for use on regular consumer video receiving equipment.
- CSYNC - Pass-through - Without a resistor on the CSYNC line on MultiAV pin 3, for use on Extron Matrix switches whereby a TTL signal is acceptable, i.e. no resistor needed, or for consoles modified for RGB video whereby a 470Ω resistor is alreadylocated on the sync line on the RGB mod board, like the Voultars RGB mod board for the Nintendo 64.
- Sync on Luma - 1-chip-03 - Extracts the sync information from the luminance signal on multiAV pin 7. This is for the 1 chip-03 console which doesn't output CSYNC on MultiAV pin 3, therefore, sync extracted from luminance (luma) is the next best thing. This is also compatible with all other versions besides the 1 chip-03.
Video quality ranks in this order. CSYNC (MultiAV pin 3), then sync on luma (MultiAV pin7) then finally sync over CVBS (MultiAV pin 9). Warning! Do not use a CSYNC SNES NTSC cable on a PAL GameCube, as the PAL Gamecube outputs 12volts on pin 3 rather than CSYNC, which could result in damaging your TV. Instead we sell a dedicated PAL GameCube CSYNC cable here which has a sync separating circuit inside if you want to get a CSYNC signal from your GameCube.
Reviewed by Classic Game Room
Please note that we do not give advise on which cables to use for RGB modified systems, including N64's NES's etc. This information should be provided by the person who has done the modification work or supplied the modification kit.
Please note that this NTSC SNES cable will only work with original SNES and Super Famicom consoles released in North America and Asia. If you have a United Kingdom , European or Australian console (PAL version) then you will need an PAL Super Nintendo Entertainment System RGB SCART cable, which is also available from our store. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
If your Nintendo console has the 12 pin MULTI OUT or AV OUT port then please read this article because even though the ports look the same on each console you may need different cables for each system.
|Console||NTSC Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Famicom only|
|Country||Asia and North America.|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Available as either CSYNC (composite sync) or "sync over luma" for the 1-CHIP-03 models. Please select required version from the options.|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|