Upgrade to an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and mono sound from your Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1 or Master System 1 which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference . Compatible with ALL Sega Mega Drive 1 consoles, however, for French models "1600-09" or 1601-01" also identified as "Mega Drive RGB" model please select composite sync (CSYNC) from the sync type option. It also benefits from internal resistors connected in series with each RGB video line to reduce the brightness of the picture. The sync signal type is available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or as CSYNC also known as "composite sync", and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours!
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & mono sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters, or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Available with two sync types; Composite video + sync or CSYNC. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable).
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 1 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
Please note that this cable is mono sound only. We do sell a stereo sound version of this cable, however, it is not compatible with the Sega Master System. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product.
|Console||Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1, Master System 1. For French RGB Models "1600-09" or 1601-01" please select "Composite Sync (CSYNC)" only as they do not output "sync over composite video".|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||Available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or CSYNC (composite sync). Please select required version from the options.|
|Audio type||Mono (Supplied to left & right speakers).|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|
Sega Mega Drive 1 / Genesis 1 RGB SCART cable
- Brand: Retro Gaming Cables
- Product Code: MD1
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £12.49