To receive future notifications of when stock is available please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Level up with a PACKAPUNCH PRO RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sega Mega Drive / Genesis model 1 which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise external interference and cable crosstalk between signals. This is achieved by using our new PACKAPUNCH cable which has individually shielded wires for RED, GREEN, BLUE, SYNC, audio left and right and also the DC voltage line which is used for RGB selection on your video receiving equipment. This high quality cable supplies a composite sync (CSYNC) signal from the console and is correctly attenuated to reduce the high amplitude of a CSYNC signal using a 470 ohm resistor on the sync line. Wired for composite sync (CSYNC) to give the best picture possible, and also may reduce the jail-bar effect*
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths. All cables which are not 1.8m are built to order, for example if you choose 3m you will need to wait a few working days.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & Stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated using 470 ohm resistor. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- XRGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- RGC custom 8PIN U-DIN plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- CSYNC output correctly attenuated for 75Ω operation.
- PACKAPUNCHTM PRO CABLE available in various lengths.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 1 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
This cable supplies stereo sound to the television via the head phone socket located in the front of the Mega Drive console. This cable is not compatible with the Sega Master System. All cables are tested before dispatch.
Need to breakout audio from your SCART cable? Check out this in-line adapter which extracts audio whilst maintaining the audio through the SCART cable.
Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product.* A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Console||Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1, Master System 1. For French RGB Models "1600-09" or 1601-01" please select "Composite Sync (CSYNC)" only as they do not output "sync over composite video". THE CSYNC VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL REGIONS AND ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH REGION MODIFIED CONSOLES.|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Audio type||Stereo sound. Taken from the head phone socket located in the front of the console.|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|