FOR RGB MODIFIED AMERICAN NTSC N64 ONLY! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from an Nintendo N64 which has been modified to output RGB video only, which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference , the SCART plug audio ground is connected to reduce the buzzing noise often experienced with some cables, and both ground pins 5 and 6 on the Multi AV connector are connected via separate wires to the SCART plug to also help reduce noise.
It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. Available with CSYNC here.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for sync over luma. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide. The "sync over luma" is for the NTSC console only, as the PAL console doesn't output s-video which is needed for "sync over luma".
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom over-molded MultiAV plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mold machine.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors
Please note that this N64 cable will only work with an NTSC Nintendo N64 which has been modified to output RGB video only! For further information on how to modify your N64 for RGB video please visit this excellent modification guide by retroRGB.com. Many customers who own the PAL French RGB modified N64 have had great success with using the GameCube RGB SCART cable on their N64. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
|Console||Nintendo N64 (With RGB mod only).|
|Region||NTSC for "sync on luma"|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||"sync over s-video luma"|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|