PACKAPUNCH pre-orders now open. To receive future notifications of when pre-orders are open please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
This PACKAPUNCH cable is only available on a pre-order basis only. This will be constructed and dispatched week commencing the 4th of June.
SCART cable for an RGB modified PC Engine duo and TurboGrafx-16 console which uses an 8 pin DIN socket (circular). This cable is wired using the following pin assignment. Wired to the following Specs:
8 Pin DIN plug (looking into back of connector)
3 8 1
Pin 8 = GREEN
Pin 7 = RED
PIN 6 = BLUE
PIN 5 = Audio Right
PIN 4 = +5V
PIN 3 = SYNC
PIN 2 = GND
PIN 1 = Audio Left
If you require a different pin assignment please advise when placing the order. If you are unsure about the pin assignment please consult the modifier of the console.
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for sync over composite video. Also available as Composite Sync (CSYNC). For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom over-molded MultiAV plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mold machine.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official NEC Product.
|Console||NEC PC Engine, PC Engine duo and TurboGrafx-16|
|Video and audio format|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|