This cable supplies an RGB video signal from your Sega Master System model 1, which is far superior than the original RF, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play! This cable is screened to minimise interference . Compatible with ALL Sega Master System 1 consoles, however, for French RGB models please select composite sync (CSYNC) from the sync type option. This is not compatible with the Model 2 Master System. Unfortunately the only option for the Master System model 2 is the good old RF cable :(
It also benefits from internal resistors connected in series with each RGB video line to reduce the brightness of the picture. The sync signal type is available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or as CSYNC also known as "composite sync", and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours!
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & mono sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters, or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Available with two sync types; Composite video + sync or CSYNC. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable).
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product.
|Console||Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1, Master System 1. For French RGB Models "1600-09" or 1601-01" please select "Composite Sync (CSYNC)" only as they do not output "sync over composite video".|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||Available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or CSYNC (composite sync). Please select required version from the options.|
|Audio type||Mono (Supplied to left & right speakers).|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|