PACKAPUNCH PRE-ORDERS NOW OPEN!
We have extended our WORLD CUP PROMO for one more week. Save 18% off all PACKAPUNCH cables only using Coupon Code RUSSIA2018. Please enter the code into the coupon field when viewing the shopping cart. If you need help with entering the code, please see here. Orders placed which include PACKAPUNCH cables will be shipped week commencing the 23rd of July 2018 as these are built to order due to their bespoke nature. Orders with no PACKAPUNCH cables will be shipped next working day as normal.
To receive future notifications of when pre-orders are open please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Upgrade to an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and mono sound from your Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1 or Master System 1 which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference . Compatible with ALL Sega Mega Drive 1 consoles, including French models "1600-09" or 1601-01" also identified as "Mega Drive RGB". It also benefits from internal resistors and capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line. Wired for composite sync (CSYNC) to give the best picture possible, and also may reduce the jail-bar effect*. Please see here for Mega drive 2 / Genesis 2 RGB SCART cable.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & mono sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated using 470 ohm resistor. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- XRGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- RGC custom 8PIN U-DIN plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- CSYNC output correctly attenuated for 75Ω operation.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 1 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
Please note that this cable is mono sound only. We do sell a stereo sound version of this cable, however, it is not compatible with the Sega Master System. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product.
* A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Console||Sega Mega Drive 1, Genesis 1, Master System 1. Including French RGB Models "1600-09" or 1601-01".|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Audio type||Mono (Supplied to left & right speakers).|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|