Check out our Facebook Reviews
PACKAPUNCH cables are manufactured to order due to their bespoke nature, however, pre-orders are now closed. To receive notifications for when pre-orders are open again please either subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
PACKAPUNCH cables are currently made to order and will be dispatched within a few days.
Finally we have made the Mega Drive 2 PACKAPUNCH! The Ultimate SCART cable! This cable supplies an RGBS video signal and stereo sound from your Mega Drive 2, 32X add-on, Genesis 2, dbGrafx Booster TTP and Super SD System 3 using our proprietary multi screened cable. Each signal inside this cable has its own braided shielding/screening, including the SYNC, RED, GREEN, BLUE, +5V, Audio Left and Audio Right. This high quality cable supplies a composite sync (CSYNC) signal from the console and is correctly attenuated to reduce the high amplitude of a CSYNC signal using a 470 ohm resistor on the sync line.
Why use a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths.
Why use CSYNC?:
- For monitors which require CSYNC to function, like the Sony PVM 2950G, PVM 2950QM, NEC Multisync 4PG and XM29 plus.
- When using Switching Extron Crosspoint Matrix Switcher.
- If your a CSYNC FanBoy.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Constructed from custom individually screened PACKAPUNCHTM (separately shielded cores) cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- RGC custom 9pin Mini DIN with integrated strain relief. Which will also work the Genesis 3 console.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca
- PACKAPUNCHTM PRO CABLE available in various lengths.
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- RGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
- Super SD System 3.
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 2 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product. * A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Console||Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2 & 3, 32X, Nomad, Pico, multimega & CDX. And also the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca, Super SD System 3|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Connector A||9 Pin mini Din plug|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|