FOR RGB MODIFIED AMERICAN NTSC N64 ONLY! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from an Nintendo N64 which has been modified to output RGB video only, which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference , the SCART plug audio ground is connected to reduce the buzzing noise often experienced with some cables, and both ground pins 5 and 6 on the Multi AV connector are connected via separate wires to the SCART plug to also help reduce noise.
It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. And the sync signal type is available as either "sync over s-video luma" (luma sync) or CSYNC also known as composite sync, which has a built in video sync separator circuit and is powered directly by the N64 console, and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours!
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters, or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Wired for sync over luma. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide. The "sync over luma" is for the NTSC console only, as the PAL console doesn't output s-video which is needed for "sync over luma".
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable).
Please note that this N64 cable will only work with an NTSC Nintendo N64 which has been modified to output RGB video only! For further information on how to modify your N64 for RGB video please visit this excellent modification guide by retroRGB.com. Many customers who own the PAL French RGB modified N64 have had great success with using the GameCube RGB SCART cable on their N64. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
|Console||Nintendo N64 (With RGB mod only).|
|Region||NTSC for "sync on luma"|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||"sync over s-video luma"|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|
Nintendo N64 RGB SCART cable for RGB modified NTSC console Sync on Luma
- Brand: Retro Gaming Cables
- Product Code: N64RGB LUMA
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £12.49