Check out our Facebook Reviews
PACKAPUNCH cables are manufactured to order due to their bespoke nature, however, pre-orders are now closed. To receive notifications for when pre-orders are open again please either subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
PACKAPUNCH cables are currently made to order and will be dispatched within a few days.
Level up with a PACKAPUNCH PRO RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your NTSC N64 is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise external interference and cable crosstalk between signals. This is achieved by using our new PACKAPUNCH cable which has individually shielded wires for RED, GREEN, BLUE, SYNC, audio left and right and also the DC voltage line which is used for RGB selection on your video receiving equipment.
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths.
Sync on luma is for RGB MODIFIED American and Japanese NTSC consoles only! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from an Nintendo N64 which has been modified to output RGB video only, which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference , the SCART plug audio ground is connected to reduce the buzzing noise often experienced with some cables, and both ground pins 5 and 6 on the Multi AV connector are connected via separate wires to the SCART plug to also help reduce noise.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for sync over luma for NTSC consoles, or as Composite Sync (CSYNC) which is compatible with both NTSC and PAL consoles which have been modified for RGB video. Select desired sync type from the drop-down menu. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom over-molded MultiAV plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- Optional Upgrade to CSYNC using built in sync cleaner.
Notes for RGB modification - How is this cable wired for CSYNC?:
- 75 Ohm resistor between pins 9 (sync) and 5 (ground) inside the MultiAV plug.
- 470 ohm resistor between output of LM1881 (sync separator circuit) and SCART pin 20 (For CSYNC cable only).
- 220uF capacitors in series with each RGB line.
So our CSYNC cable takes regular "sync over composite video" (CSYNC + CVBS) from MultiAV pin 9 then feds this into a sync separator circuit which blocks the CVBS signal and only outputs CSYNC which is connected to SCART pin 20. This CSYNC signal is attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor to make the signal safe for regular consumer video receiving equipment.
For further information on how to modify your N64 for RGB video please visit this excellent modification guide by retroRGB.com. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
|Console||US and Japanese NTSC N64 models with RGB modification only.|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||"sync over s-video luma"|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|