To receive future notifications of when stock is available please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Level up with an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your NTSC Super Nintendo or Super Famicom which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference , the SCART plug audio ground is connected to reduce the buzzing noise often experienced with some cables, and both ground pins 5 and 6 on the Multi AV connector are connected via separate wires to the SCART plug to also help reduce noise. It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. This cable is wired for CSYNC also know as "composite sync" which takes the sync signal from pin 3 of the Multi-AV out, and the resulting picture is far superior than the regular "sync over composite video" (Multi-AV pin 9), which can suffer from sync issues. Therefore this special CSYNC cable gives the best solid image.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for CSYNC to give the best RGB picture from your NTSC SNES. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- Custom over-molded MultiAV plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- UPGRADE TO OUR PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE HERE! Whereby you can choose different sync outputs including sync on luma for 1-chip-3 models.
- CSYNC which is correctly attenuation which uses a 470Ω resistor on the console end of the cable.
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- XRGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
Notes for NESRGB and N64RGB RGB modifications - How is this cable wired?:
- 470 Ohm resistor in series with the sync on pin 3 (CSYNC) inside the MultiAV plug.
- 220uF capacitors in series with each RGB line.
This CSYNC signal is attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor to make the signal safe for regular consumer video receiving equipment. Please note that we do not give advise on which cables to use for RGB modified systems, including N64's NES's etc. This information should be provided by the person who has done the modification work or supplied the modification kit.
Please note that this NTSC SNES cable will only work with original SNES and Super Famicom consoles released in North America and Asia. If you have a United Kingdom , European or Australian console (PAL version) then you will need an PAL Super Nintendo Entertainment System RGB SCART cable, which is also available from our store.
Need to breakout audio from your SCART cable? Check out this in-line adapter which extracts audio whilst maintaining the audio through the SCART cable.
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
If your Nintendo console has the 12 pin MULTI OUT or AV OUT port then please read this article because even though the ports look the same on each console you may need different cables for each system.
|Console||NTSC Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Famicom only|
|Country||Asia and North America.|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Available as either CSYNC (composite sync) or "sync over luma" for the 1-CHIP-03 models. Please select required version from the options.|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|