We have a limited stock of certain PACKAPUNCH cables which we have already made and are ready for dispatch, so no pre-ordering required. However, these are all 1.5 metres long or 4.92ft and come without the audio RCA/phono breakout option.
We will be receiving some more SCART plugs in a weeks time, so we will be able to offer all PACKAPUNCH cables once again. If you want to receive an email when all cables are available again please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Level up with an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sony Playstation 1 which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise interference and is wired for composite sync (CSYNC). Please see comparison pictures using the Retro Gaming Cables RGB SCART compared to a regular composite video cable. It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. This cable is wired for CSYNC also known as composite sync, which has a built in video sync separator circuit and is powered directly by the Playstation console.
Why use CSYNC?:
- For monitors which require CSYNC to function, like the Sony PVM 2950G, PVM 2950QM, NEC Multisync 4PG and XM29 plus.
- When using Switching Extron Crosspoint Matrix Switcher.
- If your a CSYNC FanBoy.
CSYNC will also work on most regular modern television sets. (This cable is for a CRT only if you want to use a lightgun). For further information on CSYNC please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Wired for Composite Sync (CSYNC). For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Integrated light gun port for use on CRT televisions.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Composite Sync (CSYNC) signal achieved using a built in sync separator circuit, see pictures below.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- Light gun / Guncon port.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- UPGRADE TO OUR PACKAPUNCH PRO CABLE HERE!
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- XRGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Is this PlayStation SCART cable compatible with all console regions?
A. Yes, this cable works with all PlayStations 1 & 2 consoles released world wide, including PAL and NTSC versions. However we do supply separate cables for the PS1 and PS2, as the PS1 doesn't have the 200uF capacitors between the video encoder and the A/V output socket inside the console but the PS2 does, therefore, our PS1 cables have capacitors inside the SCART plug and our PS2 cables does not. This is to ensure maximum electrical compatibility for each console,
Q. What is the CSYNC version for?
A. Mainly for up-scalers like the Framemeister XRGB-mini and professional monitors, like the range of Sony PVM and BVM’s, but will work with regular SCART TV’s and SCART to HDMI up-scaling boxes.
Q. Does the CSYNC version work with an external sync cleaner like the Sync Strike?
A. The CSYNC version has a sync cleaner built into the SCART plug, and yes you can use this in series with a second sync cleaner, which you find in some SCART adapter cables like the EuroSCART to Mini adapter and EuroSCART to BNC adapter, and also the Sync Strike.
Q. Does the Light gun port on this cable allow you to play on Modern Flatscreen TV like, LCD, plasmas etc?
A. No, as light guns for the PlayStation only work on the old style CRT televisions and not the modern flat screens.
We have received a number of enquires stating that the Playstation cannot output CSYNC. This is correct, the Playstation cannot output CSYNC, however, our CSYNC version of this RGB SCART cable has a built in sync separator circuit inside the SCART plug which takes the "sync over composite video" from pin 6 of the Playstation's AV socket output and then the Sync separator circuit extracts CSYNC signal and sends this to the output of the SCART plug and the composite video part of the signal is disregarded. Here is the path of the sync signal from the PS to the SCART cable using a sync cleaner. PS AV socket (pin 6) ---> Sync over composite video (CSYNC + composite video) ---> sync cleaner circuit (removes composite video) ---> CSYNC only---> SCART (pin 20), BINGO CSYNC!
Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sony Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
|Console||Sony Playstation 1 and PS1 Slim|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Composite Sync/CSYNC (built in sync stripper) taken from luma pin.|
|Connector A||Sony AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|