Level up with an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sony Playstation 1 & 2 which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise interference. Please see comparison pictures using the Retro Gaming Cables RGB SCART compared to a regular composite video cable. It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. And the sync signal type is available as "sync over s-video luma" (luma sync) or CSYNC also known as composite sync, which has a built in video sync separator circuit and is powered directly by the Playstation console, and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours! The JP21 option is subject to availability.
RCA / cinch plugs provide additional sound output, whilst still outputting sound through the SCART plug. This is for instances when using either a SCART to component converter (CSY-2100) or SCART to VGA converter, whereby the converters doesn't handle sound, therefore, the RCA / cinch connectors can be plug directly into sound equipment or component televisions.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters (non-lightgun version only, as the lighten version only works on a CRT TV), or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Available with two sync types; Sync over luma or CSYNC (with built in video sync separator LM1881 chip). Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- RGC custom Multi AV plug with integrated strain relief.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- Optional Light gun port.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable). The JP21 option is subject to availability.
Side note 1: Not suitable for DVD playback, as this is not an s-video cable. If you have region modified your console then we offer no support.
Side note 2: Make sure your console is set to output RGB video and not component video, otherwise your RGB SCART cable will not function correctly. To select RGB mode please remove the game disk from your Playstation then select SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > COMPONENT VIDEO OUT > RGB and not Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr.
Side note 3: We have received a number of enquires stating that the Playstation cannot output CSYNC. This is correct, the Playstation cannot output CSYNC, however, our CSYNC version of this RGB SCART cable has a built in sync separator circuit inside the SCART plug which takes the "sync over composite video" from pin 6 of the Playstation's AV socket output and then the Sync separator circuit extracts CSYNC signal and sends this to the output of the SCART plug and the composite video part of the signal is disregarded. Here is the path of the sync signal from the PS to the SCART cable using a sync cleaner. PS AV socket (pin 6) ---> Sync over composite video (CSYNC + composite video) ---> sync cleaner circuit (removes composite video) ---> CSYNC only---> SCART (pin 20), BINGO CSYNC!
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sony Product.
|Console||Sony Playstation 1, PS1 Slim, Playstation 2|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Available as either "sync over s-video luma" (luma sync) or sync (built in sync stripper). Please select required version from the options.|
|Connector A||Sony AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|
|Connector C||2 X Phono / RCA for sound breakout|
Sony Playstation PS1 PS2 RGB SCART cable + RCA sound
- Brand: Retro Gaming Cables
- Product Code: PSX+RCA
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £14.16