Blow your mind with an SNES RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Pal Super Nintendo which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference , the SCART plug audio ground is connected to reduce the buzzing noise often experienced with some cables, and both ground pins 5 and 6 on the Multi AV connector are connected via separate wires to the SCART plug to also help reduce noise. It also benefits from internal grounding resistors for impedance matching, which are often fitted to transmission line to minimise wave reflections and to maximise power! This cable is wired for "sync over luma" which takes the sync signal from pin 7 of the Multi-AV out which is normally reserved for use with s-video, but the resulting picture is far superior than the regular "sync over composite video" (Multi-AV pin 9), which can suffer from a checker-board effects on screen. Therefore this special "sync on luma" cable gives solid colours. Finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours! The JP21 option is subject to availability.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters, or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article. The JP21 option is subject to availability.
- Wired for "sync on luma" to give the best RGB picture from your PAL SNES. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable). Also select "Sync over Luma" as the sync type for use on the XRGB-mini.
Please note that this version of our SNES cable (Pal) will only work with original SNES consoles released in the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia. If you have a North American console (NTSC version) then you will need an NTSC Super Nintendo Entertainment System RGB SCART cable. All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product.
If your Nintendo console has the 12 pin MULTI OUT or AV OUT port then please read this article because even though the ports look the same on each console you may need different cables for each system.
|Console||PAL Super Nintendo Entertainment System only.|
|Country||United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync), "sync over s-video luma" (luma sync) or sync (built in sync stripper). Please select required version from the options.|
|Connector A||Nintendo AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|
|Connector C||2 X Phono / RCA for sound breakout|
Super Nintendo SNES RGB SCART cable for PAL console sync on luma + RCA sound
- Brand: Retro Gaming Cables
- Product Code: SNES-PAL+RCA
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Ex Tax: £14.16