After the 1st of January 2021 will no longer collect Value Added Tax (VAT) from EU customers. To receive future notifications of when stock is available please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on facebook and Twitter as we often post updates there. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Pre-orders now closed, please subscribe to our newsletter for updates on new stock.
The RAD2x is the perfect plug and play low latency solution for connecting your Super Nintendo (SNES), Super Famicom, GameCube and N64 to a modern flat screen television. This is based on the same technology used in the RetroTINK2x with the added bonus of supporting RGB video, and unlike other all-in-one HD cable solutions the RAD2X correctly interprets the the 240p signal correctly and processes this as a progressive scan image and then line doubles this to 480p. With regards to the lack of s-video support for the Nintendo RAD2X, Bob from RetroRGB.com explains this in this podcast. There are other technical/ design reasons on why not, but i'm not going to bore you with that!
Requires a Male HDMI to mini C HDMI cable (not supplied). However we sell a 1.5 metre cable here.
- 100% compatible with every Nintendo console which uses a MultiAV socket.
- Auto detects RGB signal and defaults to composite video for non RGB consoles like the NTSC GameCube and N64. The LED illuminates purple for RGB mode and Yellow for composite video mode.
- Formats: 240p/480i, 288i/576i, NTSC and PAL
- Input: RGB internally converted to YPbPr
- Built-in anti-aliasing LPF
- Automatic sync regeneration and normalization for non-compliant sources (e.g., SNES)
- Output: miniHDMI at 480p/576p (line-doubled mode)
- Default 4:3 Aspect Ratio
- Latency: About 53 microseconds
- Audio: 24-bit stereo
- Optional smoothing filter with mechanical ON/OFF switch
- No need for external power supply. Optional external microUSB port for power incase of issues with ageing power supplies or incorrectly rated after market power supplies.
- Fully shielded PACKAPUNCH cable from the console to the RAD2X
Compatible with following consoles:
Every Nintendo console ever released which has the MultiAV socket, for example;
- Super Nintendo (PAL) - RGB Mode
- Super Nintendo (NTSC) - RGB Mode
- Super Famicom - RGB Mode
- GameCube (PAL) - RGB Mode
- GameCube (NTSC) - Composite Video Mode
- AV Famicom - Composite Video Mode or RGB if modified
- N64 - Composite video Mode or RGB if modified (For best results use an RGB modified N64 console).
Metal Jesus Rocks review of the RAD2X
RetroRGB's overview of the Nintendo Multi-out RAD2X
Review of the Nintendo RAD2X by Mad Little Pixel
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Nintendo Product. Produced under Licence by RetroTink LLC. The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Retro Gaming Cables Limited is a licensed HDMI adoptor.
Powered by RetroTINK
|Console||Super Nintendo (PAL) - RGB Mode, Super Nintendo (NTSC) - RGB Mode, Super Famicom - RGB Mode, GameCube (PAL) - RGB Mode, GameCube (NTSC) - Composite Video Mode, AV Famicom - Composite Video Mode.|
|Video and audio format|
|Audio type||Stereo Sound|