Orders placed will be dispatched week commencing the 10th of January 2022. To receive future notifications of when stock is available please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on facebook and Twitter as we often post updates there. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
An all in one cable solution for playing Dreamcast games in 480p mode via RGB SCART. This incorporates a circuit which converts the VGA outputted by the Dreamcast to a combined sync to achieve a 31KHz progressive scan mode for use on SCART equipment which accepts 31KHz/480p like the OSSC and Framemeister for example. It also has a selector switch for switching between interlaced and progressive scan mode or 15KHz/576i and 31KHz/480p, so you can still use this cable on a SCART TV but in 15KHz/576i mode only.
This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sega Dreamcast (PAL/NTSC) which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise external interference and cable crosstalk between signals. This is achieved by using our new PACKAPUNCH cable which has individually shielded wires for RED, GREEN, BLUE, SYNC, audio left and right and also the DC voltage line which is used for RGB selection on your video receiving equipment.
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths. All cables which are not 1.8m are built to order, for example if you choose 3m you will need to wait a few working days.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened PACKAPUNCH PRO cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables and is available in various lengths.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom PCB.
- Custom transparent MultiAV plug and integrated sync combining circuit to achieve 480p (31 KHz VGA). Also has a switch so you can toggle between 15KHz/576i mode for use on normal SCART televisions and 31KHz/480p mode for use on equipment that can process 31KHz like the Open Source Scan Converter (OSSC), Micomsoft XRGB Mini Framemeister, etc. Normal SCART televisions will not work in 31KHz/480p mode, however, you can just select 15KHz/576i mode using the built in switch.
- Attenuated and AC coupled RGB and CSYNC signals using 220uF capacitors and 10 Ohm resistors on the RGB lines and a 220uF capacitor and 470 ohm resistor on the CSYNC line.
Need to breakout audio from your SCART cable? Check out this in-line adapter which extracts audio whilst maintaining the audio through the SCART cable.
Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Cables.
*Disclaimer - 31KHz/480p mode does not work on regular consumer grade SCART televisions. Instead you will need to use a device like the OSSC or Framemeister to take advantage of this function, however this cable will still work on a SCART TV but in the 15KHz/576i mode only.Check out our custom Dreamcast from R.A.W. TALENT ART! Find them on Instagram.
|Region||PAL and NTSC|
|Video and audio format|
|Audio type||Stereo Sound|
|Shielded?||Individually Shielded PACKAPUNCH cable. i.e. Each core inside the cable has its own shielding. Including the following; Red, Green, Blue, Sync, Audio Left, Audio Right and 5 volts line. And this is complemented by an overall foil shield.|
|Connector A||Proprietary Dreamcast connector . Using our proprietary transparent shroud. With our RGC logo embedded on the top side of the connector. Also 476i and 480p selector switch.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART - With integrated Printed Circuit Board interface. Which has all the ground pins connected to the SCART plug. Cased in our custom made shroud with our RGC logo embedded either side.|
|Lead Length||1.8m / 6ft. Also Available as 3m / 10ft on a pre-order basis.|