To receive future notifications of when stock is available please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter, or follow us on facebook and Twitter as we often post updates there. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Finally we have made the Mega Drive 2 PACKAPUNCH! The Ultimate SCART cable! This cable supplies an RGBS video signal and stereo sound from your Mega Drive 2, 32X add-on, Genesis 2, dbGrafx Booster TTP and Super SD System 3 using our proprietary multi screened cable. Each signal inside this cable has its own braided shielding/screening, including the SYNC, RED, GREEN, BLUE, +5V, Audio Left and Audio Right. This high quality cable supplies a composite sync (CSYNC) signal from the console and is correctly attenuated to reduce the high amplitude of a CSYNC signal using a 470 ohm resistor on the sync line.
Why use a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths. All cables which are not 1.8m are built to order, for example if you choose 3m you will need to wait a few working days.
Why use CSYNC?:
- For monitors which require CSYNC to function, like the Sony PVM 2950G, PVM 2950QM, NEC Multisync 4PG and XM29 plus.
- When using Switching Extron Crosspoint Matrix Switcher.
- If your a CSYNC FanBoy.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- 220uF capacitors on the RGBS lines, and 75ohm resistors on the RGB lines. Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Constructed from custom individually screened PACKAPUNCHTM (separately shielded cores) cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- RGC custom 9pin Mini DIN with integrated strain relief. Which will also work the Genesis 3 console.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca
- PACKAPUNCHTM PRO CABLE available in various lengths.
Compatible with following consoles:
- Sega Mega Drive 2 - All regions
- Sega Genesis 2
- Sega Genesis 3
- Sega Nomad
- Sega Pico
- Sega Multimega
- Sega CDX
Compatible with following PC Engine and TurboGrafx-16 add-ons.
- dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.
- Super SD System 3 by Terraonion.
- Engine Block AV (TurboBooster) from Stone Age Gamer.
Compatible with following video equipment and converters:
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- RGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- Sony PVM and BVM monitors via a Female SCART to BNC adapter.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 2 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
Need to breakout audio from your SCART cable? Check out this in-line adapter which extracts audio whilst maintaining the audio through the SCART cable.
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product. * A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Console||Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2 & 3, 32X, Nomad, Pico, multimega & CDX. And also the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca, Super SD System 3|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Shielded?||Individually Shielded PACKAPUNCH cable. i.e. Each core inside the cable has its own shielding. Including the following; Red, Green, Blue, Sync, Audio Left, Audio Right and 5 volts line. And this is complemented by an overall foil shield.|
|Connector A||9 pin Mini DIN - Using our proprietary connector over moulding technology. With our RGC logo embedded on the top side of the connector.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART - With integrated Printed Circuit Board interface. Which has all the ground pins connected to the SCART plug. Cased in our custom made shroud with our RGC logo embedded either side.|
|Lead Length||1.8m / 6ft. Also Available as 3m / 10ft on a pre-order basis.|