Upgrade to an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sega Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and 32X, which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference . Compatible with ALL Sega Mega Drive 2 consoles. It also benefits from internal resistors and capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line. Wired for composite sync (CSYNC) to give the best picture possible, and also may reduce the jail-bar effect*. Please see here for Mega drive 1 / Genesis 1 RGB SCART cable.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened/shielded cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- RGC custom 9pin Mini DIN with integrated strain relief. Which will also work the Genesis 3 console.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca
- SCART enabled televisions.
- SCART to HDMI converters.
- SCART to component video converters.
- RGB-mini Framemeister via EuroSCART to mini adapter.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP.
- OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).
- Compatible with the Super SD System 3.
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 2 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product. * A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Console||Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2 & 3, 32X, Nomad, Pico, multimega & CDX. And also the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Connector A||9 Pin mini Din plug|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|