Upgrade to an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sega Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and 32X, which is far superior than the original video cable, plus with an RGB SCART there is no need for TV tuning, simply plug and play. This cable is screened to minimise interference . Compatible with ALL Sega Mega Drive 2 consoles. It also benefits from internal resistors connected in series with each RGB video line to reduce the brightness of the picture and also 220uF AC coupling capacitors. The sync signal type is available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or as CSYNC also known as "composite sync", and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours!
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened/shielded cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters, or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Available with two sync types; Composite video + sync or CSYNC. Please select desired sync type from the options. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
- RGC custom 9pin Mini DIN with integrated strain relief. Which will also work the Genesis 3 console.
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable).
- Compatible with the dbGrafx Booster TTP
Please see video below which demonstrates the excellent video and sound quality achieved from a Sega Mega Drive 2 using an RGB SCART cable from Retro Gaming Cables (select 480p for best quality).
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product.
|Console||Mega Drive 2, Genesis 2 & 3, 32X, Nomad, Pico, multimega & CDX. And also the dbGrafx Booster TTP by db-electronics.ca|
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||Available as either "sync over composite video" (composite video + sync) or CSYNC (composite sync). Please select required version from the options.|
|Connector A||9 Pin mini Din plug|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|