PACKAPUNCH PRE-ORDERS NOW OPEN!
We have extended our WORLD CUP PROMO for one more week. Save 18% off all PACKAPUNCH cables only using Coupon Code RUSSIA2018. Please enter the code into the coupon field when viewing the shopping cart. If you need help with entering the code, please see here. Orders placed which include PACKAPUNCH cables will be shipped week commencing the 23rd of July 2018 as these are built to order due to their bespoke nature. Orders with no PACKAPUNCH cables will be shipped next working day as normal.
To receive future notifications of when pre-orders are open please create an account and subscribe to our newsletter. We don't sell your personal information unlike most Evil Corporations and we only send you newsletters if you have opted in.
Finally we have made the Master System 1 PACKAPUNCH! The Ultimate SCART cable! This cable supplies an RGBS video signal and stereo sound from your Master System 1 using our proprietary multi screened cable. Each signal inside this cable has its own braided shielding/screening, including the SYNC, RED, GREEN, BLUE, +5V and audio. This high quality cable supplies a composite sync (CSYNC) signal from the console and is correctly attenuated to reduce the high amplitude of a CSYNC signal using a 470 ohm resistor on the sync line. This is not compatible with the Model 2 Master System. Unfortunately the only option for the Master System model 2 is the good old RF cable :(. It also benefits from internal resistors and capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line. Wired for composite sync (CSYNC) to give the best picture possible, and also may reduce the jail-bar effect*.
Why upgrade to a PACKAPUNCH cable?:
- Protects against external magnetic interference.
- Protects against crosstalk between individual signals inside the cable.
- Available in various lengths.
Why use CSYNC?:
- For monitors which require CSYNC to function, like the Sony PVM 2950G, PVM 2950QM, NEC Multisync 4PG and XM29 plus.
- When using Switching Extron Crosspoint Matrix Switcher.
- If your a CSYNC FanBoy.
CSYNC will also work on most regular modern television sets when correct attenuated using a 470 ohm resistor. For further information on this subject please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide. It benefits from internal 220uF capacitors and 75 ohm resistors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & mono sound.
- Constructed from custom individually screened PACKAPUNCHTM (separately shielded cores) cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Composite sync output (CSYNC) correctly attenuated for 75Ω operation. For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Optional upgrade to RCA / Phono breakout for use with SCART to Component video converters which don't extract audio from the SCART cable.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- RGC custom 8PIN U-DIN plug with integrated strain relief, manufactured in-house using injection-mould machine.
- Quality Panasonic Capacitors.
- CSYNC output correctly attenuated for 75Ω operation.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
All cables are tested before dispatch. Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sega Product. * A composite sync (CSYNC) cable may greatly reduce jail bars, however to completely remove jails bars an RGB-bypass modification may be required.
|Region||NTSC, PAL, SECAM|
|Video and audio format|
|Aspect Ratio||16:9 (PAL & SECAM), 4:3 (NTSC)|
|Sync type||CSYNC (composite sync).|
|Audio type||Mono (Supplied to left & right speakers).|
|Connector A||8pin DIN|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel|