Level up with an RGB SCART! This cable supplies an RGB video signal and stereo sound from your Sony Playstation 1 & 2 which is far superior than the original video cable. This cable is screened to minimise interference and is wired for composite sync (CSYNC). Please see comparison pictures using the Retro Gaming Cables RGB SCART compared to a regular composite video cable. It also benefits from internal capacitors connected in series with each RGB video line to remove any direct current (DC) signals, which may impede the true alternating current signal used in signal transmissions. This cable is wired for CSYNC also known as composite sync, which has a built in video sync separator circuit and is powered directly by the Playstation console, and finally the SCART plug can be wired as either EuroSCART or JP21, the choice is yours! The JP21 option is subject to availability. We also make a light gun port version of the composite sync (CSYNC) cable also.
- No Tuning required, just plug and play.
- True RGB video & stereo sound.
- Constructed from custom screened cable especially made for Retro Gaming Cables.
- Available with two output connector types, either a EuroSCART / Péritel plug for use with SCART televisions, SCART to HDMI converters and SCART to component video converters (non-lightgun version only, as the lighten version only works on a CRT TV), or a JP21 pin plug also known as RGB-J or Japanese 21 pin for direct connection to the XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 up-scalers. Please select from options. For more info on the SCART format see our EuroSCART vs JP21 article.
- Wired for Composite Sync (CSYNC). For further information on sync types please our Demystifying RGB Sync guide.
- Fully wired/ grounded SCART plug using a custom Printed Circuit Board.
- Composite Sync (CSYNC) signal achieved using a built in sync separator circuit, see pictures below.
- Custom ID label on SCART plug.
- Quality Panasonic capacitors.
The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
- SCART enabled televisions (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to HDMI converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- SCART to component video converters (Please select EuroSCART / Péritel).
- Direct connection to XRGB-1, XRGB-2 & XRGB-3 (Please select JP21 / RGB-J).
- XRGB-mini Framemeister (Please select JP21 / RGB-J only for use with original Japanese 21 pin to mini adapter cable supplied with the Framemeister unit, or select EuroSCART / Péritel if you have a EuroSCART to mini adapter cable). The JP21 option is subject to availability.
Frequently asked questions:
Q. Is this PlayStation SCART cable compatible with all console regions?
A. Yes, this cable works with all PlayStations 1, 2 and 3 consoles released world wide, including PAL and NTSC versions.
Q. What is the CSYNC version for?
A. Mainly for up-scalers like the Framemeister XRGB-mini and professional monitors, like the range of Sony PVM and BVM’s, but will work with regular SCART TV’s and SCART to HDMI up-scaling boxes.
Q. Does the CSYNC version work with an external sync cleaner like the Sync Strike?
A. The CSYNC version has a sync cleaner built into the SCART plug, and yes you can use this in series with a second sync cleaner, which you find in some SCART adapter cables like the EuroSCART to Mini adapter and EuroSCART to BNC adapter, and also the Sync Strike.
Side note 1: Not suitable for DVD playback, as this is not a component video cable. If you have region modified your console then we offer no support.
Side note 2: Make sure your console is set to output RGB video and not component video, otherwise your RGB SCART cable will not function correctly. To select RGB mode please remove the game disk from your Playstation then select SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > COMPONENT VIDEO OUT > RGB and not Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr.
Side note 3: We have received a number of enquires stating that the Playstation cannot output CSYNC. This is correct, the Playstation cannot output CSYNC, however, our CSYNC version of this RGB SCART cable has a built in sync separator circuit inside the SCART plug which takes the "sync over composite video" from pin 6 of the Playstation's AV socket output and then the Sync separator circuit extracts CSYNC signal and sends this to the output of the SCART plug and the composite video part of the signal is disregarded. Here is the path of the sync signal from the PS to the SCART cable using a sync cleaner. PS AV socket (pin 6) ---> Sync over composite video (CSYNC + composite video) ---> sync cleaner circuit (removes composite video) ---> CSYNC only---> SCART (pin 20), BINGO CSYNC!
Made in Great Britain. This is not an official Sony Product. The SCART Printed Circuit Board Design is Copyright © of Retro Gaming Gables.
|Console||Sony Playstation 1, PS1 Slim, Playstation 2, Playstation 3|
|Video and audio format|
|Sync type||Composite Sync/CSYNC (built in sync stripper) taken from luma pin.|
|Connector A||Sony AV Multi Port.|
|Connector B||EuroSCART / Péritel or JP21/RGB-J (select required version from the options).|
PlayStation 1 2 3 RGB SCART cable wired for Composite Sync CSYNC
- Brand: Retro Gaming Cables
- Product Code: PSX CSYNC
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: £16.66